- Deaths by ethnic group (Office for National Statistics – ONS)
- Factors associated with COVID-19-related deaths (Williamson, E.J. et al)
- Ethnic contrast in deaths involving COVID-19 (ONS)
- Model estimates of deaths involving COVID-19 by ethnic group and sex (ONS)
Ethnicity and COVID-19
Includes data on deaths and disparities, risk factors and economic, educational and emotional impacts.
Deaths and disparities
The following links are to data and analysis that has not been published on Ethnicity facts and figures.
- Latest insights (ONS)
- Review of disparities in risks and outcomes (Public Health England)
- Pre-existing health conditions and ethnicity (Public Health England)
- Social impacts on different ethnic groups in the UK (ONS)
- Why Black and South Asian people have been hit hardest (ONS)
- Higher incidence, morbidity and mortality in ethnic minority groups (SAGE)
- Ethnic differences in infection, hospitalisation, and mortality (OpenSAFELY)
- Parents’ and guardians’ views on a future vaccine (Bell, S and others)
- COVID-19 report (Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre)
Certain risk factors are associated with getting and dying from COVID-19.
Most data relates to time periods before the COVID-19 pandemic. Population data is from the 2011 Census.
Economic, educational and emotional impacts
COVID-19 may have a disproportionate economic, educational or emotional impact on people from ethnic minorities.
Most data relates to time periods before the COVID-19 pandemic but will help measure the impact of COVID-19 as new data becomes available.